SERVE at FBW
We love to serve. This stems from the good news that Jesus became a servant for us and we follow him. God utilizes various people with an array of gifts and abilities to bless this world. He also specifically develops local congregations (our church!) with a variety of gifts to serve that local church.
See below for more information about the opportunities to serve. And then sign up.
I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
AREAS OF SERVING
- Parking – Helps with greeting and assisting members and guests from the parking lot to the front door, including valet parking.
- Greeters – Welcome members and guests as they arrive, answer questions, and assist new guests in finding their way and a place to belong in the church.
- Ushers – Welcome people and help them find a palce to sit in the worship services.
- Medical – Responds to medical needs that may arise during weekend services and execute safety response plans in the event of an emergency.
- Safety – Provides a safety presence in parking lots, hallways, common areas, and outside grounds and executes safety response plan in the event of an emergency.
- Commons Cafe – Team members prepare and serve coffee, pastries, and other beverages before, during, and after worship services and other events.
- Helping Hands – Team members assistwith office projects during weekdays.
- Campus Support – Team members assist with small campus maintenance projects, painting, small construction, landscaping, and event setup.
- Creative Projects Team – Members help execute creative projects throughout the life of the church, from the mall to the outside of the church. This team will create and execute different types of creative projects from Christmas to summer projects. This team will be the creative glue that inspires our people to dream and be a part of what God is doing in our church.
PRESCHOOL MINISTRY (LIL' KIDS LIFE)
- Guest Services – Team members assist families with check-in, collect information from guests and help with enrollment into the appro-priate group. This team also blesses classroom leaders with snacks and drinks.
- Growth Group – Leaders and assistants facilitate Bible study in a clean, safe and nurturing learning environment.
- VIP – Team members provide dedicated assistance to preschoolers with special needs.
- Worship Teams – Lead preschoolers in praise and worship with songs and motions, building a foundation for praising God.
- Midweek – Team members lead age-specific groups through planned lessons and activities.
- Sub Team – Commit to serve one time per month to fill any weekend needs.
KIDS MINISTRY (KIDS LIFE)
- Guest Services – Team members assist families with check-in, collect information from guests and help with enrollment into the appropriate group. They are the smiling faces that enthusiastically welcome kids to the Kids Life facility.
- Growth Group – Team members have a passionate heart for sharing God’s word with kids through leading a weekly Bible study. They build relationships and help kids grow deeper in their faith.
- VIP– Team members provide dedicated assistance to children with special needs.
- Large Group – Team members lead games, perform skits, encourage Bible verse memorization, and teach a lesson on a one weekend per month rotation for Kids Life.
- Midweek – Team members lead small group, Bible skills, and games each Wednesday recapping the previous weekends main topic.
PRETEEN MINISTRY (FIFTY6)
- Guest Services – Team members are the smiling faces that enthusiastically welcome kids to the Fifty6 facility. They assist families with check-in, collect information from guests, and help with enrollment into the appropriate group.
- Growth Group – Team members have a passionate heart for sharing God’s word with preteens through leading a weekly Bible study. They build relationships and help preteens grow deeper in their faith.
- VIP – Team members provide dedicated assistance to preteens with special needs.
- Midweek – Team members help to greet preteens as they arrive. They also lead games, facilitate discussions, and connect with preteens.
STUDENT MINISTRY (COLLIDE)
- Growth Group – Leaders lead students in weekly Bible study, disciple and build relationships with students inside and outside of the classroom by attending Collide events.
- Midweek – Team members assist with welcoming students as they arrive on Wednesday nights, engage students in the recreation area, assist in the collide café redirect students during worship.
- Events – Team members participate in Collide events by chaperoning and/or driving students to off-campus events.
- VIP – Team members provide dedicated assistance to students with special needs.
- Guest Services – Team members greet and assist new families/students with checkin, introduce new students to their growth group leader(s), direct students to their class, distribute attendance folders, and electronically input attendance data.
- Hospitality – Team members help provide students with snacks and/or breakfast items before growth groups and/or serve meals for special events such as Refuel.
COLLEGE & YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY (THE COMMONS)
Leaders and assistants help with Bible study and ministry to college students and young adults by hosting home groups and engaging through special events, conferences and mission trips.
WORSHIP & PRODUCTION MINISTRY
- Audio Engineers – Set up and prepare microphones, in-ear monitors and personal mixers for the worship band. They also engineer and mix live sound during weekend experiences. Training provided.
- Camera Operators – Operate video cameras during weekend worship experiences. Camera operators listen to the video director and capture video shots as directed. Training provided.
- Lighting Techs – Run a computer-based lighting system during weekend worship experiences and learn to program and troubleshoot the lighting system and fixtures. Training provided.
- Instruments of Praise – Are skilled instrumentalists that help to lead our traditional service worship
- Musicians & Vocalists – Skilled musicians & vocalists with previous band experience, lead our congregation in worship through music.
- ProPresenter Operators – Operate and monitor the computer program that displays lyircs and videos on screens during the weekend worship experience with oppurtunities to learn how to set up and program elements for services. Training provided.
Hope for the Cities – A ministry of FBW that serves the community needs by feeding the hungry and connecting people to needed resources. Volunteers can help with the feeding ministry by packing in the Hope for the Cities warehouse and delivering to the community every Monday and Thursday.
Our Calling – A ministry partner to the homeless community in Dallas. Each month we take teams to evangelize on the streets with the search and rescue ministry, as well as organizing supplies serving at the Our Calling ministry center. During the Fall we take teams to share the Gospel and feed the guests at the ministry with their Monday Night Football ministry.
Encouragers – Help connect people to Christ, through prayer, and to the church by welcoming new members and counseling decisions during and following worship services in the connection center.
FBW Prison Ministry – Serves in the Texas prison system at the Boyd Unit in Teague through chapel services, life skill seminars, and an annual blessing bag outreach to the inmates.
Lone Star Search and Rescue – A Christ-centered, community-oriented, K-9 search and rescue team dedicated to assisting law enforcement and fire departments in their efforts to locate and save lives.
WISD mentors – Meet with their students once weekly for about 30 minutes. All mentoring sessions take place on the student’s campus during school hours. The role of the campus mentor is to show the love of Jesus by bringing encouragement and building a friendship with the student.
Operation Christmas Child – A ministry that takes the Gospel to the ends of the earth through their shoebox ministry. Every Fall, thousands of shoeboxes get filled with toys and practical gifts to use as a way to share the love of Jesus to the kids who receive them. FBW is a central drop off location in South Collin County during their national collection week.
Sign up to SERVE at FBW
Click the button below to let us know what areas you’re interest in serving. We are so glad that you’re ready to take your next step!